Happy Thanksgiving, Canadians!

Thanksgiving and Remembrance Day history in Canada
"The first Thanksgiving Day in Canada after Confederation was observed on April 15, 1872, to celebrate the recovery of The Prince of Wales (later King Edward VII) from a serious illness."

Historic Proclamations of Thanksgiving in Canada
Interestingly, the first official Thanksgiving observance in Lower Canada (now Ontario) was on Thursday, November 10, 1799. The rationale for that first observance was, "In signal victory over our enemy and for the manifold and inestimable blessings which our Kingdoms and Provinces have received and daily continue to receive".

From the bottom of my heart, I extend to my Canadian friends my deep wishes for a wonderful Thanksgiving fellowship and a particularly memorable day! SNB

Comments

SpaceNeedleBoy said…
Although I've stayed home this weekend (usually I visit Vancouver B.C. during Canadian Thanksgiving), the holiday in both countries is supremely important and timelessly enduring.

Popular posts from this blog

Giving back Congressional pork barrel??

GG Michaëlle Jean's big mouth